To provide each student with quality instruction, learning opportunities, and educational environments that inspire academic achievement, personal growth and responsible citizenship.
Excellence in Education, Enthusiasm for Life, Every Student, Every Day.
Student Best Interest: The best interests of students must guide every decision.
Student Learning: Students learn best when they are actively engaged and individually challenged.
Quality Instruction: Academic achievement depends on the engagement of high-quality teachers and administrators.
Fiscal Discipline: Fiscal discipline strengthens and stabilizes our District and community.
Curriculum: A robust curriculum with enhanced curricular offerings promote development of the whole child.
Communication: Transparency and communication involving all stakeholders facilitates optimal outcomes.
Partnership: Education is a partnership involving students, parents, staff, and community.
Continuous Improvement: Continuous improvement requires data-driven evaluation and decision-making.
Fine Arts: Quality fine arts instruction and accessibility to all interested students is important.
Overall Wellness: Social and emotional wellness of students is integral to the learning process.
Technology: Innovative technology and curricular offerings enhance the core learning experience.
Facilities: Our facilities should enhance the educational process.
Nature of Community: Our District should reflect Lake Bluff’s unique character and community spirit.
Shared Partnerships: The school district benefits when it develops partnerships with non-profit groups, profit groups, and other school districts to share resources, services, and ideas.
Goals and Objectives
The goals in this section have been categorized into six strategic areas that emerged through the research phase of the strategic planning process. The Board of Education achieved consensus around the six main goal areas and provided preliminary approval for the objectives listed under each goal. However, objectives may change throughout Phase II as the administrative team develops the implementation plans, which will include tactics, execution metrics, responsible people, timelines and resources allocations.
Strategic Plan Dashboard
For updated information about how we are doing on each of the goals from our Strategic Plan, click here to view our dashboard (link opens in a new window).
How the process worked
- Conduct focus groups with various faculty, staff, parents, and community members.
- Review current mission, vision, and guiding principles of the school district.
- Review archival data and reports provided by the District.
- Administer surveys of key stakeholder populations, parent and community.
- Perform rigorous analysis of student achievement data.
- Review new accountability legislation, ESSA.
- Facilitate committee work sessions.
- Review and confirm the mission and vision for the District and guiding principles for future decision making.
- Develop the strategic plan document to serve as a broad outline to guide direction for the school district. The Strategic Plan contains:
- Mission, Vision and Guiding Principles
- Research Findings
- Strategic Goals
Develop and document specific steps that will be taken in order to accomplish the goals and objectives identified in the strategic plan.
- Facilitate administrator planning meetings.
- Develop the Implementation Plan which contains the following:
- Develop District dashboard to monitor progress towards goals.
A living document
This Strategic Plan is designed to be a living document. This means that there will be regular reports to the Board on progress toward meeting these goals. Each year, a final year-end report will target additional objectives that may need to be added, and any other objectives or metrics that may need to be changed. All of the work of the District will stay focused on these actions.
Thanks to the staff, parents, community members and Goal Team members who participated in this process. The education of our Lake Bluff 65 students, the safety and well-being of students and staff, and the running of a fiscally responsible school district that is an important community participant are vital to our energized, successful community.
For Information about our previous Strategic Plans and how they have impacted our District, click the links below